Toby Bloomberg, of the Diva Marketing Blog, launched a new free ebook this month called Social Media Marketing GPS. It’s the first business book written on – not about – Twitter. Tweet interviews were conducted with 40 social media marketers including people from Dell, Comcast, Marketing Profs, and BlogHer and put together into this free ebook in a narrative that takes the reader from the importance of social media to ethics to the social enterprise, tactics, sponsored conversations, and blogger relations.
As Toby explains, “the goal was to create a comprehensive body of knowledge that could serve as a roadmap (GPS) for developing a strategic social media plan. My thoughts were if this could be accomplished in a series of 140 character tweets it might help ease the apprehension for people new to social media, while at the same time, providing a review and offering some interesting ideas for those more experienced.”
A number of the people interviewed for the ebook are bloggers and online publishers whose content is syndicated through Newstex, including:
- Toby Bloomberg of Diva Marketing and @tobydiva
- Ann Handley of Marketing Profs Daily Fix and @marketingprofs
- BL Ochman of What’s Next Blog and @whatsnext
- C.B. Whittemore of Flooring the Consumer and Simple Marketing Blog and @CBWhittemore
- David Meerman Scott from WebInkNow and @dmscott
- Nancy White of Full Circle Associates and @nancywhite
- Neville Hobson of NevilleHobson.com and @jangles
- Susan Getgood of Marketing Roadmaps and @sgetgood
You can download Social Media Marketing GPS for free here.