Want to make your online content more shareable? Add images or videos to it.
According to a study by M Booth and Simply Measured, visual elements increase the shareability of content significantly. And what better way to share the data from the study than in an infographic? You can check it out later in this article. But first, let’s take a look at the study results.
The statistics revealed in the report are impossible to ignore. Clearly, audiences want visual content — either alone or supporting text content. The numbers don’t lie. People like visual stimulation. Here are some of the key findings from the study:
- Videos are shared 12 time more than links and text post combined.
- Photos are liked 2 times more than text updates.
- Photos and videos on Pinterest refer more traffic to websites than StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- On Facebook’s top 10 brand pages, photos and videos drive the most engagement.
- 100 million users take some type of action on YouTube videos each week.
- Facebook reached 100 million users in 4 years, but Instagram is expected to reach the same goal much more quickly.
You can see all the details in the infographic below. Click the image to view the full-size infographic.
Are you convinced that including images in your online content is an essential ingredient to building your audience? If you don’t already include images and videos in your content, then you’re missing a huge opportunity that competitor publishers are surely seizing.
Image: RikkisRefuge Other