For 30 years, the Software & Information Industry (SIIA) has conducted the CODiE annual awards program in order to recognize the information industry’s leaders in software, content, and business technology, and the CODiE program is the industry’s only peer-reviewed awards platform. The “Best Scholarly Research Information Solution” is one of several categories within the awards roster, and ACI was selected last month as a finalist in this category. As a collection specifically designed to meet the needs of today’s researchers, the ACI Scholarly Blog Index clearly met the standards CODiE set in place for an innovative research database that offers a valuable contribution to the industry. In winning, we beat out two strong finalists in this CODiE category: Elsevier Reference Module in Biomedical Sciences and ProQuest Ebook Central.
So why did ACI win? According to SIIA, the Best Scholarly Research Information Solution category “recognizes the research information solution that provides high quality content and meets rigorous standards for the academic and scientific researchers and professionals”. In order to ensure that students, faculty, and other scholars researching ACI are accessing substantial and valuable content, our multi-level selection and editorial review process and ongoing quality assurance checks continuously work to ensure only the highest standards in data quality and blog content. In addition, ACI offers a number of tools and features designed for the academic researcher:
- Search the entire collection of scholarly blogs
- Full-text access to every scholarly blog article
- Advanced search, navigation, and filtering options to ensure highly-relevant results
- Refine search results by Library of Congress classification
- View authors’ professional and social connections, journal articles, and alternative metrics
- Full citation and export options
- Bookmark and List tools for saving, annotating, curating, and sharing content
- Sharing, collaboration, and productivity tools
- Access to real-time syncing & mobile features via the ACI Mobile App
Explore the ACI Scholarly Blog Index, and see for yourself why ACI’s unique research database won the SIIA Business Technology 2016 CODiE Award for Best Scholarly Research Information Solution. If you’re not an ACI subscriber, use this promo code to explore the full range of metadata and workflow tools available within the ACI Scholarly Blog Index.