Author Distribution and Archive Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern ACI Information Group’s (“ACI”) use of your Content appearing on ACI’s services (the “Agreement”). This agreement supersedes and replaces any and all previous agreements between the parties. The term “Content” refers to all material that you publish on your website, including text, images, video, databases and other multimedia data, copyrighted or not, plus archives of such material maintained by you or ACI. The term “Users” means any party that has been granted the rights described below, as well as customers of such Users. By agreeing to these terms and conditions once you electronically submit the form, you are granting ACI and Users, as appropriate, the right to:
- Use, market, aggregate, scrape, license, print and distribute free of charge the Content on a worldwide, non-exclusive basis in any way. For the avoidance of doubt, such license may be granted either by ACI or by a third party who has been granted re-licensing rights by ACI.
- Reformat, index, add keywords, abstracts or symbols, and convert the Content to standard electronic form.
- Use the name of your Content, its masthead, and trademarks in promotional materials, press releases and advertisements that identify content providers distributed and used by ACI and its Users and otherwise in relation to licensed uses of your Content.
In addition, you are agreeing to:
- Provide your Content to ACI via RSS XML transmission.
- Allow ACI or Users to archive the Content for perpetual access, so your work will not be lost if the blog ceases or you change blogging platforms. ACI is committed to preserving the scholarly work represented by the blogs indexed in ACI Scholarly Blog Index.
And you are warranting that:
- Your entry into this Agreement does not violate any agreement with a third party, you have the right to grant the rights purported to be granted in this Agreement and you are of the legal age required in your geographic jurisdiction to sign the Agreement.
- The Content and your trademarks do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party and that the Content does not violate any right of confidentiality, moral, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary right of any third party, nor contain any libelous, defamatory or maliciously false statements.
- And that you will indemnify and hold harmless ACI and its Users from and against any third party claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, liabilities, and damages, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of a breach by you of the two immediately preceding warranties.
In consideration of the above, ACI warrants that:
- Its entry into this Agreement does not violate any agreement with a third party.
- This agreement does not transfer to ACI any proprietary right, title, copyright or other intellectual property right in your Content, and that your Content and trademark(s) are your sole and exclusive property.
- Neither party shall:
- Be liable to the other for indirect, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including lost profits.
- Be liable for delays or failure caused by conditions beyond its control, including fire, flood, accident, storm, acts of war, riot, government interference, strikes or walkouts.
- Assign this agreement without your written consent, except that ACI may assign this agreement if substantially all of its assets are assigned to a third party.
- This agreement shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of New York.
- We may revise these Terms from time to time, the most current version will always be at aci.info/authorterms.