YouTube is now curating video content uploaded by its users to its own Pinterest account. As explained on the YouTube blog, a “Pinterest dream team” has been created at YouTube whose mission is to “wow” people by sharing videos that are useful, informative, and inspiring.
Giving people another way to find content on YouTube is a smart move, particularly when the best and most interesting content is shared on a site like Pinterest, which has a highly engaged and growing audience. It’s challenging to find content on YouTube, so it’s not surprising that YouTube is finding new ways to curate and share individual videos by grouping them together in a new type of package — pinboards.
So far, there are ten pinboards saved to the YouTube Pinterest account with 164 pins. YouTube describes those pinboards as follows:
- Pinspirational – Inspiring and motivating videos to make your world a little more awesome.
- Make It Yourself – To help you get crafty.
- Life 101 – Cut corners in your hectic schedule with quick lifehacking tips & tricks.
- The Beauty Corner – Find advice for novice to pro style and beauty gurus.
- NomNomNom – Discover 15-minute meals for gourmet eats and baking tutorials.
- Work It Out – Your personal fitness video center.
- Style Watch – Get the look with trends and tips from fashion’s finest.
- Fins, Fur and Feathers – Explore dispatches from the animal kingdom.
- Go, Go, Go – Go vacationing, here, there and everywhere in between.
- Eye Candy – Take a peek into what’s mind-blowing and cutting edge.
YouTube has an opportunity to create such a wide variety of pinboards by curating its own content. For example, how-to pinboards, entertaining pinboards, inspirational pinboards, and more. There are some great ideas brewing, and you could leverage them for curating and repurposing your own Authoritative Content in order to build your audience. Pinterest is just one tool to spread your content visually. Don’t be afraid to get creative!