Finalists for the 2012 Online Journalism Awards have been announced by the Online News Association and its academic partner, the School of Communication at the University of Miami. This year’s list of finalists are being recognized for “pushing the envelope of innovation and excellence in digital storytelling and distribution.”
The 34 judges who chose the 2012 finalists include seasoned journalists and expert new media professionals. The winners of the 2012 Online Journalism Awards will be announced at the 2012 Online News Association Conference and Online Journalism Awards Banquet in San Francisco on September 22nd.
Newstex would like to congratulate the 2012 Online Journalism Awards finalists who syndicate their Authoritative Content through Newstex. They are:
- ProPublica – Finalist for the General Excellence in Online Journalism, Medium Award
- ProPublica – Finalist for the Explanatory Reporting, Medium Award for “The Opportunity Gap: Is Your State Providing Equal Access to Education?
- ProPublica – Finalist for the Gannett Foundation Award for Innovative Investigative Journalism, Medium for “Redistricting: How Powerful Interests Are Drawing You Out of a Vote”
- Nieman Journalism Lab – Finalist for the Topical Reporting, Small Award
- The Mary Sue – Finalist for the Online Commentary, Small Award for “Minorities Within a Minority Culture”
Congratulations to all of the finalists! You can view the complete list here.
Image: Online News Association