ACI Scholarly Blog Index is beginning to set up trials to the database during the spring 2017 semester for prospective subscribers. ACI encourages prospective customers to set up a no-obligation trial to the ACI Scholarly Blog Index before subscribing so they can see the benefits of a premium, campus-wide subscription. Simply request your free trial and our team will set up an ACI Scholarly Blog Index portal customized to your institution.
The ACI Scholarly Blog Index will also be exhibiting and signing up trials at the upcoming ACRL Conference in Baltimore, March 22nd to 25th. Stop by and see us, exhibit booth 1204, sign up for a free trial, or pick up a trial form.
Trial access to ACI Scholarly Blog Index runs for 30 or 60 days. Longer trials are available if the evaluation period is longer than 60 days. ACI asks for the institution’s IP range and email domains to set up a trial. Trial access to the premium version of ACI Scholarly Blog Index includes:
- Unique domain URL customized for your institution
- Campus-wide access to the full database of scholarly blogs, including the full text of scholarly blogs indexed
- Analytics on trial usage for your custom domain including, but not limited to, number of searches, time spent, referral domains, and terms searched
- View links to journal articles through ORCID identifiers for the authors who have activated the identifiers
- Use of ACI’s workflow tools such as bookmarking and list creation
- Integrate trial access to the campus discovery service
- Set-up EZProxy for convenient off campus use
- Access to ACI training videos and FAQ knowledge base
Subscribers to ACI Scholarly Blog Index will also have the option to customize a branded mobile app for their institution.
Research institutions who are interested in using the ACI Scholarly Blog Index API for text or data mining and research applications should contact ACI for the requirements for access to the API.
ACI has arrangements with a number of consortia for subscription discounts beyond a spring 2017 new subscriber discount. Please contact ACI or your consortia for pricing and discount options.
Visit ACI Scholarly Blog Index at the upcoming ACRL Conference in Baltimore. Stop by ACI booth #1204 to speak with Larry Schwartz, President of the ACI Information Group, publisher of ACI Scholarly Blog Index, and Aura Novembre, Vice President, and Pat Sabosik, General Manager. Pat is also hosting a roundtable discussion: “Scholarly Communications and Grey Literature: Completing the Chain—Links Between Authors, Institutions, and Readers.” We look forward to seeing you in Baltimore!